CCNA Service Provider Exam Description Part-1
640-875 Exam Topics
SPNGN1 – Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1
|Associated Certifications||:||CCNP and CCDP
|Duration||:||120 minutes (45 - 55 questions)
The 640-875 Part 1 exam tests a candidate’s basic knowledge and skills necessary to support a service provider network.
The following topics are general guidelines for the Part 1 Exam.
Note: The below guidelines from Cisco may change at any time without notice.
- Describe the purpose and functions of various network devices (at the core, distribution, and access layers)
- Identify the functional components required to meet a given network specification
- Describe the OSI and TCP/IP models and their associated protocols to explain how data flows in a network
- Describe common network applications and their impact on the network
- Interpret network diagrams
- Troubleshoot common network problems at layers 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7 using a layered model approach
- Describe differences between LAN and WAN operation and features
IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing
- Describe the structure of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
- Describe VLSM, CIDR and route summarization concepts
- Describe the different types of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
- Design an IP subnetting plan based on given requirements
Switched Network Technologies I
- Describe bridging concepts and Layer 2 Ethernet frames
- Configure basic Spanning Tree operations on Cisco IOS Switches
- Interpret the output of various basic show and debug commands to verify the operational status of a Cisco switched network
- Configure basic switch security (i.e, port security, securing unused ports)
- Describe Ethernet link bundling, LACP, and PAgP and Flex Links
Routed Network Technologies I
- Describe classful versus classless routing
- Describe routing protocols basics (metrics, IGP versus EGP)
- Describe RIPv1, RIPv2, RIPNG
- Implement EIGRPv4 and EIGRPv6 on Cisco IOS, IOS-XE and IOS-XR routers
- Describe route redistribution
- Describe VRF
- Describe GRE
- Configure NAT (IPv4) on Cisco routers
- Configure DHCP (IPv4 and IPv6) operations on Cisco routers
- Describe ICMPv4 and ICMPv6
- Describe DNS
Cisco Operating Systems and Platforms I
- Implement basic Cisco IOS, IOS-XE and IOS-XR CLI operations
- Implement basic Cisco IOS, IOS-XE and IOS-XR routers configurations
- Describe SONET and SDH
- Describe DWDM, IPoDWDM, and ROADM
- Configure 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 40 Gigabit Ethernet, and 100 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces on Cisco routers
- Describe Frame Relay
- Describe ATM
- Describe Metro Ethernet
- Describe DSL
- Describe T1, T3, E1, E3, and ISDN
- Implement PPP encapsulation on Cisco routers serial and POS interfaces
- Describe cable (DOCSIS)
- Describe the main BRAS and BNG routers functions in IP NGN
- Describe various Passive Optical Network (PON) access technologies and FTTx
Security in the Network
- Describe Layer 2 security features on Cisco IOS switches
- Configure management plane security on Cisco routers and IOS switches
- Describe IPsec
- Describe control plane security
- Configure basic AAA (TACACS+ and RADIUS) services on Cisco routers
- Configure routing protocols authentication between Cisco routers
- Describe the relationships between users, user groups, tasks groups and task IDs in IOS-XR
- Describe common types of network attacks
- Configure NTP server or client on Cisco routers
- Configure IP SLA on Cisco routers
- Configure CDP on Cisco routers and IOS switches
- Configure SNMP on Cisco routers
- Configure NetFlow on Cisco routers
- Configure logging to Syslog server on Cisco routers
- Describe the Cisco IOS Call-Home feature
- Describe Cisco TAC procedure and navigate Cisco support tools (CCO)
- Implement management access (SSH, telnet, and out-of-band management design)
- Implement SPAN, RSPAN, and ERSPAN
- Implement file transfers to manage network devices configurations and images using FTP, SCP, TFTP, SFTP, and RCP
Let our Customers Speak
Hi, I am Zita from the Republic of Gabon, a student of Inter-Networkz. I did my CCNA ..
I'm CHEAING SIMO NARCISSE LANDRY, from CAMEROON, a student at INTER-NETWORKZ. The stu..
Inter-networkz is the best and peaceful course provider which not only provided good ..
CEH gives the very basic idea of getting into the mindset of hackers and ECSA will he..
I would like to express my gratitude for the training that I received from Inter-netw..
I followed a 10 days program in CEH training at Internetworkz, which was finished on ..
This is regarding the ECSA training i recieved from Internetworkz, Bangalore. ECSA is..
I have joined Internetworkz for the CCIE course and found the training to be very use..
Hi I am Manjunath. I enrolled for MCITP course in Internetworkz and had a very good l..
I would like to express my gratitude for the training that I received from Internetwo..
I had enrolled myself for the CCNA course in Inter-networkz in Jan 2010. I found the ..
Hi, I am R.Saminathan and am doing my CCNP at Internetworkz, BNGLR. After finishing m..
Hi, i am veerappan and i have finished my CCNA from Inter Networkz. I have been quite..
Hi, I joined InterNetworkz after my graduation and did CCNA and CCNP courses from her..
Hi, i am Gagan and I have completed my online tutorials in CCNA from Internetworkz. M..
Hi, I did my CCNA at Internetworkz and got placement following certification. Interne..
The MCITP and CCNA training that i had at Inter-networkz was really interesting and u..
I joined Internetworkz 2 months back and i got good training in CCNA. My learning exp..
The CCNA training that i had in the Inter-networkz was really interesting and useful...
Hi, i’m Adhinan and am a proud student of Internetworkz. Being certified in CCNA & ..
Hi, I thank Inter-networkz for providing me a platform to enhance my skills and an en..
“Inter-networkz is one of the best institutes i have found. I got all the required ..
Hi, i am Mayur. I did my CCNA from Inter-Networkz. After i finished my graduation, I ..
I find Inter-networkz a very good institute for Networking. I got all the required eq..
Hi, I’m CCNA certified from Inter-networkz. And i have finished my CCNP training as..
Hi, I am Santhosh B, a B.TECH (ECE)graduate.I am happy to say that I have done my CCN..
Hi,I am Vaseem, a student of Inter-networkz. I had joined CCNA Security course in Int..
Hi, I had joined internetworkz in March 2012 for CCNA and CCNP (R&S) . The experience..
Dear Internetworkz,I would like to inform you that I have got selected at Engage IT S..
Hi, I am so excited to say about the days which i spend at Inter-networkz.One of my f..
The MCITP and CCNA training that i had in the Inter-networkz was really interesting a..
“..It has been great pleasure to pass CCIE from first attempt July 2012, My thanks ..
Hi, I chose networking as i have an interest in it and plan to make a career in it. I..
I am very happy today because my hard work and rigorous training at Internetworkz pai..
Finally, after many months of study, hundreds of hours of practice, now I am proud to..
Hi, I am Mohammed Babiker Zainalabdeen from Republic of Sudan, a student of Inter-Net..
This year I set myself a challenge of becoming a Cisco Certified Internetworking Expe..
Hi this is Travis K, I passed my CCIE Security recently. Thanks to InterNetworkz. I s..
I am proud to say that after dedication and a lot of hard work – late nights and ea..