CCNA Service Provider Exam Description Part-1
640-875 Exam Topics
SPNGN1 – Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1
|Associated Certifications||:||CCNP and CCDP
|Duration||:||120 minutes (45 - 55 questions)
The 640-875 Part 1 exam tests a candidate’s basic knowledge and skills necessary to support a service provider network.
The following topics are general guidelines for the Part 1 Exam.
Note: The below guidelines from Cisco may change at any time without notice.
- Describe the purpose and functions of various network devices (at the core, distribution, and access layers)
- Identify the functional components required to meet a given network specification
- Describe the OSI and TCP/IP models and their associated protocols to explain how data flows in a network
- Describe common network applications and their impact on the network
- Interpret network diagrams
- Troubleshoot common network problems at layers 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7 using a layered model approach
- Describe differences between LAN and WAN operation and features
IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing
- Describe the structure of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
- Describe VLSM, CIDR and route summarization concepts
- Describe the different types of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
- Design an IP subnetting plan based on given requirements
Switched Network Technologies I
- Describe bridging concepts and Layer 2 Ethernet frames
- Configure basic Spanning Tree operations on Cisco IOS Switches
- Interpret the output of various basic show and debug commands to verify the operational status of a Cisco switched network
- Configure basic switch security (i.e, port security, securing unused ports)
- Describe Ethernet link bundling, LACP, and PAgP and Flex Links
Routed Network Technologies I
- Describe classful versus classless routing
- Describe routing protocols basics (metrics, IGP versus EGP)
- Describe RIPv1, RIPv2, RIPNG
- Implement EIGRPv4 and EIGRPv6 on Cisco IOS, IOS-XE and IOS-XR routers
- Describe route redistribution
- Describe VRF
- Describe GRE
- Configure NAT (IPv4) on Cisco routers
- Configure DHCP (IPv4 and IPv6) operations on Cisco routers
- Describe ICMPv4 and ICMPv6
- Describe DNS
Cisco Operating Systems and Platforms I
- Implement basic Cisco IOS, IOS-XE and IOS-XR CLI operations
- Implement basic Cisco IOS, IOS-XE and IOS-XR routers configurations
- Describe SONET and SDH
- Describe DWDM, IPoDWDM, and ROADM
- Configure 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 40 Gigabit Ethernet, and 100 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces on Cisco routers
- Describe Frame Relay
- Describe ATM
- Describe Metro Ethernet
- Describe DSL
- Describe T1, T3, E1, E3, and ISDN
- Implement PPP encapsulation on Cisco routers serial and POS interfaces
- Describe cable (DOCSIS)
- Describe the main BRAS and BNG routers functions in IP NGN
- Describe various Passive Optical Network (PON) access technologies and FTTx
Security in the Network
- Describe Layer 2 security features on Cisco IOS switches
- Configure management plane security on Cisco routers and IOS switches
- Describe IPsec
- Describe control plane security
- Configure basic AAA (TACACS+ and RADIUS) services on Cisco routers
- Configure routing protocols authentication between Cisco routers
- Describe the relationships between users, user groups, tasks groups and task IDs in IOS-XR
- Describe common types of network attacks
- Configure NTP server or client on Cisco routers
- Configure IP SLA on Cisco routers
- Configure CDP on Cisco routers and IOS switches
- Configure SNMP on Cisco routers
- Configure NetFlow on Cisco routers
- Configure logging to Syslog server on Cisco routers
- Describe the Cisco IOS Call-Home feature
- Describe Cisco TAC procedure and navigate Cisco support tools (CCO)
- Implement management access (SSH, telnet, and out-of-band management design)
- Implement SPAN, RSPAN, and ERSPAN
- Implement file transfers to manage network devices configurations and images using FTP, SCP, TFTP, SFTP, and RCP
Let our Customers Speak
Hi, I am R.Saminathan and am doing my CCNP at Internetworkz, BNGLR. After finishing m..
Hi, i am veerappan and i have finished my CCNA from Inter Networkz. I have been quite..
Hi, I joined InterNetworkz after my graduation and did CCNA and CCNP courses from her..
Hi, i am Gagan and I have completed my online tutorials in CCNA from Internetworkz. M..
Hi, I did my CCNA at Internetworkz and got placement following certification. Interne..
The MCITP and CCNA training that i had at Inter-networkz was really interesting and u..
I joined Internetworkz 2 months back and i got good training in CCNA. My learning exp..
The CCNA training that i had in the Inter-networkz was really interesting and useful...
Hi, i’m Adhinan and am a proud student of Internetworkz. Being certified in CCNA & ..
Hi, I thank Inter-networkz for providing me a platform to enhance my skills and an en..
“Inter-networkz is one of the best institutes i have found. I got all the required ..
Hi, i am Mayur. I did my CCNA from Inter-Networkz. After i finished my graduation, I ..
I find Inter-networkz a very good institute for Networking. I got all the required eq..
Hi, I’m CCNA certified from Inter-networkz. And i have finished my CCNP training as..
Hi, I am Santhosh B, a B.TECH (ECE)graduate.I am happy to say that I have done my CCN..
Hi,I am Vaseem, a student of Inter-networkz. I had joined CCNA Security course in Int..
Hi, I had joined internetworkz in March 2012 for CCNA and CCNP (R&S) . The experience..
Dear Internetworkz,I would like to inform you that I have got selected at Engage IT S..
Hi, I am so excited to say about the days which i spend at Inter-networkz.One of my f..
The MCITP and CCNA training that i had in the Inter-networkz was really interesting a..
“..It has been great pleasure to pass CCIE from first attempt July 2012, My thanks ..
Hi, I chose networking as i have an interest in it and plan to make a career in it. I..
I am very happy today because my hard work and rigorous training at Internetworkz pai..
Finally, after many months of study, hundreds of hours of practice, now I am proud to..
Hi, I am Mohammed Babiker Zainalabdeen from Republic of Sudan, a student of Inter-Net..
This year I set myself a challenge of becoming a Cisco Certified Internetworking Expe..
Hi this is Travis K, I passed my CCIE Security recently. Thanks to InterNetworkz. I s..
I am proud to say that after dedication and a lot of hard work – late nights and ea..