CCNA Wireless Exam Description
640-722 IUWNE Exam Topics
IUWNE – Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials
|Associated Certifications||:||CCSP Cisco ASA Specialist CCNP Security, Cisco Firewall Security Specialist
|Duration||:||Approximately 90 minutes (60-70 questions)
|Course Duration||:||50 hr
The 640-722 Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Network Essential (IUWNE) exam tests a candidate’s knowledge of installing, configuring, operating, and troubleshooting small to medium-size WLANs.
The following are general guidelines for the IUWNE exam.
Note: The below guidelines from Cisco can change at any time without notice.
Describe WLAN fundamentals
- Describe basics of spread spectrum technology
- Describe the impact of various wireless technologies (Bluetooth, WiMAX, ZigBee, and cordless phone)
- Describe wireless regulatory bodies, standards and certifications (FCC, ETSI, 802.11a/b/g/n, and WiFi Alliance)
- Describe Wireless LAN (WLAN) RF principles (antenna types, RF gain/loss, Effective Isotropic Radiated Power (EIRP), refraction, reflection, and so on)
- Describe networking technologies used in wireless (SSID to WLAN_ID to Interface to VLAN, 802.1q trunking)
- Describe wireless topologies, such as Independent Basic Service Set (IBSS), Basic Service Set (BSS), Extended Service Set (ESS), Point-to-Point, Point-to-Multipoint, Mesh, and bridging)
- Describe 802.11 authentication and encryption methods (Open, Shared, 802.1X, EAP, TKIP, and AES)
- Describe frame types (associated and unassociated, management, control, and data)
- Describe basic RF deployment considerations related to site survey design of data or VoWLAN applications, common RF interference sources such as devices, building material, AP location, and basic RF site survey design related to channel reuse, signal strength, and cell overlap
Install a basic Cisco wireless LAN
- Identify the components of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network architecture (Split MAC, LWAPP, stand-alone AP vs controller-based AP, specific hardware examples)
- Install and configure autonomous access points in the small business environment
- Describe the modes of controller-based AP deployment (local, monitor, HREAP, sniffer, rogue detector, bridge, OEAP, and SE-Connect)
- Describe controller-based AP discovery and association (DHCP, DNS, Master-Controller, Primary-Secondary-Tertiary, and n+1 redundancy)
- Describe roaming (Layer 2 and Layer 3, intra-controller and inter-controller, and mobility list)
- Configure a WLAN controller and access points WLC: ports, interfaces, WLANs, NTP, CLI and Web UI, CLI wizard, and link aggregation group (LAG) AP: Channel and Power
- Describe Radio Resource Management (RRM) fundamentals including ED-RRM.
- Verify basic wireless network operation
Install Wireless Clients
- Describe client WLAN configuration requirements, such as Service Set Identifier (SSID), security selection, and authentication
- Identify basic configuration of common wireless supplicants (Macintosh, Intel Wireless Pro, Windows, iOS, and Android)
- Describe basic AnyConnect 3.0 or above wireless configuration parameters
- Identify capabilities available in CCX versions 1 through 5
Implement basic WLAN Security
- Describe the general framework of wireless security and security components (authentication, encryption, MFP, and IPS)
- Describe the evolution of supported authentication methods (PSK, 802.1X including EAP-TLS, EAP-FAST, PEAP, LEAP, and WPA/WPA2)
- Configure the different sources of authentication (EAP-local or -external, and Radius)
- Configure authentication and encryption methods on a WLAN (WPA/WPA2 with PSK and 802.1x)
- Implement wireless Guest networking
Operate basic WCS
- Identify key functions of Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) and Navigator (versions and licensing)
- Navigate WCS interface
- Configure controllers and access points (APs) (using the Configuration tab not templates)
- Use preconfigured maps in the WCS (adding/relocating/removing access points, turn on/off heat maps, view client location, and view CleanAir zones of influence)
- Use the WCS monitor tab and alarm summary to verify the WLAN operations
- Generate standard WCS reports (inventory, CleanAir, client-related, AP-related, and utilization)
Conduct basic WLAN Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Identify and use basic WLAN troubleshooting tools (WLC show debug and logging) for client to AP connectivity, AP to controller connectivity
- Use the WCS client troubleshooting tool
- Transfer logs, configuration files, and O/S images to and from the WLC via the GUI
- Differentiate and use WLC and AP (autonomous and LAP) management access methods (console port, CLI, telnet, ssh, http, https, and wired vs wireless management)
Let our Customers Speak
Hi, I am Zita from the Republic of Gabon, a student of Inter-Networkz. I did my CCNA ..
I'm CHEAING SIMO NARCISSE LANDRY, from CAMEROON, a student at INTER-NETWORKZ. The stu..
Inter-networkz is the best and peaceful course provider which not only provided good ..
CEH gives the very basic idea of getting into the mindset of hackers and ECSA will he..
I would like to express my gratitude for the training that I received from Inter-netw..
I followed a 10 days program in CEH training at Internetworkz, which was finished on ..
This is regarding the ECSA training i recieved from Internetworkz, Bangalore. ECSA is..
I have joined Internetworkz for the CCIE course and found the training to be very use..
Hi I am Manjunath. I enrolled for MCITP course in Internetworkz and had a very good l..
I would like to express my gratitude for the training that I received from Internetwo..
I had enrolled myself for the CCNA course in Inter-networkz in Jan 2010. I found the ..
Hi, I am R.Saminathan and am doing my CCNP at Internetworkz, BNGLR. After finishing m..
Hi, i am veerappan and i have finished my CCNA from Inter Networkz. I have been quite..
Hi, I joined InterNetworkz after my graduation and did CCNA and CCNP courses from her..
Hi, i am Gagan and I have completed my online tutorials in CCNA from Internetworkz. M..
Hi, I did my CCNA at Internetworkz and got placement following certification. Interne..
The MCITP and CCNA training that i had at Inter-networkz was really interesting and u..
I joined Internetworkz 2 months back and i got good training in CCNA. My learning exp..
The CCNA training that i had in the Inter-networkz was really interesting and useful...
Hi, i’m Adhinan and am a proud student of Internetworkz. Being certified in CCNA & ..
Hi, I thank Inter-networkz for providing me a platform to enhance my skills and an en..
“Inter-networkz is one of the best institutes i have found. I got all the required ..
Hi, i am Mayur. I did my CCNA from Inter-Networkz. After i finished my graduation, I ..
I find Inter-networkz a very good institute for Networking. I got all the required eq..
Hi, I’m CCNA certified from Inter-networkz. And i have finished my CCNP training as..
Hi, I am Santhosh B, a B.TECH (ECE)graduate.I am happy to say that I have done my CCN..
Hi,I am Vaseem, a student of Inter-networkz. I had joined CCNA Security course in Int..
Hi, I had joined internetworkz in March 2012 for CCNA and CCNP (R&S) . The experience..
Dear Internetworkz,I would like to inform you that I have got selected at Engage IT S..
Hi, I am so excited to say about the days which i spend at Inter-networkz.One of my f..
The MCITP and CCNA training that i had in the Inter-networkz was really interesting a..
“..It has been great pleasure to pass CCIE from first attempt July 2012, My thanks ..
Hi, I chose networking as i have an interest in it and plan to make a career in it. I..
I am very happy today because my hard work and rigorous training at Internetworkz pai..
Finally, after many months of study, hundreds of hours of practice, now I am proud to..
Hi, I am Mohammed Babiker Zainalabdeen from Republic of Sudan, a student of Inter-Net..
This year I set myself a challenge of becoming a Cisco Certified Internetworking Expe..
Hi this is Travis K, I passed my CCIE Security recently. Thanks to InterNetworkz. I s..
I am proud to say that after dedication and a lot of hard work – late nights and ea..