CCNA Service Provider Exam Part-2
640-878 Exam Topics
SPNGN2 – Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2
|Duration||:||120 minutes (35 - 45 questions)
The 640-878 (Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks)-Part 2 exam tests the knowledge and skills that are necessary to implement and support a service provider network.
The following topics are general guidelines for the content for Part 2 exam.
Note: The below guidelines from Cisco are subjected to change at any time without notice.
IP NGN Architecture
- Identify the functional components that are required to meet a given network specification
- Troubleshoot common network problems at Layers 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7 using a layered-model approach
- Describe the different types of service providers
- Describe service provider principal and reference next-generation network (NGN) architecture
- Describe the IP address and autonomous system (AS) number allocation process via the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) and Regional Internet Registries (RIRs)
Switched Network Technologies II
- Configure enhanced switching technologies (including Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol [RSTP], Multiple Spanning Tree [MST], and Per VLAN Spanning Tree [PVST]) on Cisco IOS Software switches
- Describe how VLANs create logically separate networks and the need for routing between them
- Configure VLANs on Cisco IOS Software switches
- Configure trunking on Cisco IOS Software switches
- Configure inter-VLAN routing
- Configure Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP) on Cisco IOS Software switches
- Configure queue-in-queue (QinQ) on Cisco IOS Software switches
Routed Network Technologies II
- Configure basic single-area Open Shortest Path First version 2 (OSPFv2) and OSPF version 3 (OSPFv3) routing on Cisco routers
- Configure basic single-area Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS) routing on Cisco routers
- Describe the differences between static versus dynamic routing as well as distance vector versus link-state routing protocol operations
- Configure basic Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) routing on Cisco routers
- Describe the address family concept on Cisco routers
- Describe IPv6 transitioning technologies
- Configure First Hop Redundancy Protocol (FHRP) (including Hot Standby Router Protocol [HSRP], Virtual
Router Redundancy Protocol [VRRP], and Gateway Load Balancing Protocol [GLBP]) on Cisco routers
- Implement access control list (ACL) on Cisco routers
- Describe carrier-grade NAT (CGN) and Network Address Translation 64 (NAT64)
- Describe Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) functions in the service provider IP NGN
- Configure Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) on Cisco routers
Cisco Operating Systems and Platforms II
- Manage the Cisco IOS XR configurations and software packages
- Describe Cisco IOS XE software packages
- Describe Cisco service provider router platforms, their operating system, and their placement in the service provider IP NGN
Let our Customers Speak
Hi, I am R.Saminathan and am doing my CCNP at Internetworkz, BNGLR. After finishing m..
Hi, i am veerappan and i have finished my CCNA from Inter Networkz. I have been quite..
Hi, I joined InterNetworkz after my graduation and did CCNA and CCNP courses from her..
Hi, i am Gagan and I have completed my online tutorials in CCNA from Internetworkz. M..
Hi, I did my CCNA at Internetworkz and got placement following certification. Interne..
The MCITP and CCNA training that i had at Inter-networkz was really interesting and u..
I joined Internetworkz 2 months back and i got good training in CCNA. My learning exp..
The CCNA training that i had in the Inter-networkz was really interesting and useful...
Hi, i’m Adhinan and am a proud student of Internetworkz. Being certified in CCNA & ..
Hi, I thank Inter-networkz for providing me a platform to enhance my skills and an en..
“Inter-networkz is one of the best institutes i have found. I got all the required ..
Hi, i am Mayur. I did my CCNA from Inter-Networkz. After i finished my graduation, I ..
I find Inter-networkz a very good institute for Networking. I got all the required eq..
Hi, I’m CCNA certified from Inter-networkz. And i have finished my CCNP training as..
Hi, I am Santhosh B, a B.TECH (ECE)graduate.I am happy to say that I have done my CCN..
Hi,I am Vaseem, a student of Inter-networkz. I had joined CCNA Security course in Int..
Hi, I had joined internetworkz in March 2012 for CCNA and CCNP (R&S) . The experience..
Dear Internetworkz,I would like to inform you that I have got selected at Engage IT S..
Hi, I am so excited to say about the days which i spend at Inter-networkz.One of my f..
The MCITP and CCNA training that i had in the Inter-networkz was really interesting a..
“..It has been great pleasure to pass CCIE from first attempt July 2012, My thanks ..
Hi, I chose networking as i have an interest in it and plan to make a career in it. I..
I am very happy today because my hard work and rigorous training at Internetworkz pai..
Finally, after many months of study, hundreds of hours of practice, now I am proud to..
Hi, I am Mohammed Babiker Zainalabdeen from Republic of Sudan, a student of Inter-Net..
This year I set myself a challenge of becoming a Cisco Certified Internetworking Expe..
Hi this is Travis K, I passed my CCIE Security recently. Thanks to InterNetworkz. I s..
I am proud to say that after dedication and a lot of hard work – late nights and ea..